We recently came across an article published by Proud Green Home that discussed how house window tinting could make your house more energy efficient. However, in addition to energy efficiency, the article mentioned six additional noteworthy benefits of utilizing home window films. We have summarized them below as thought you might be interested in all of the ways that window film can compliment your next home improvement project.
7 Benefits of House Window Tinting
- Reduces Glare – Applying tint to your home windows can result in blocking significant amount of the sun’s glare from passing through the glass.
- Protects Your House Interiors –The sun’s UV rays penetrate through windows of your house. With prolonged exposure, your house furnishings, carpet, rugs and upholstery can become faded and damaged. Window tinting offers a great solution for fading issue as it typically blocks 99% of the UV while still allowing you to enjoy your windows.
- Energy Savings –Window tint can act as a window insulator keeping heat out in the Summer and retaining heat in the Winter. This can help home owners decrease their utility bills by reducing how hard their heating and air conditioning system needs to work to keep the house comfortable.
- Increased Privacy – Window films can be used strategically throughout your home to offer additional privacy through certain windows without the need for blinds or curtains.
- Enhanced Safety – Accidents happen and a window can bet broken. When this happens with a typical home window, the glass breaks in a way that can be dangerous. Home window film can keep the broken glass in place and reduce the danger.
- Added Security – Security home window film exists that can provide the other benefits listed and make uninvited entry into your home more difficult. This makes these types of films a perfect compliment to a home a security system.
- Affordable Alternative to Window Replacement – At some point nearly any window may need to be replaced, but by using home window films you may be able to significantly extend the useful life of your existing windows while achieving the benefits you desire. Having a professionally installed window film applied is much less costly and far less disruptive to your home than window replacement.
We hope this list helped you understand the variety of ways house window tinting can help on your next home improvement project. If you would like more information, click HERE and contact Professional Window Tinting today by calling (563) 690-0057 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can provide you with a free, no obligation assessment and estimate on the work you are considering. We are based in Dubuque, Iowa and proudly service the surrounding area.