Do you like home improvement projects? If you answered yes, it may be time to consider the benefits a professionally installed window film retrofitted to your existing glass can offer. In this article, we wanted to explain some benefits of window films to a homeowner and why it is being used for home improvement projects all over the world.
Why Window Film Might Be One Of The Best Home Improvement Projects
- Wont Change Appearance of Your Glass – While this may not have been the case in the past, modern window films can offer all the tremendous benefits listed below without impacting the looks of your home.
- Lower Home Utility Bills – In hot weather, solar-control films can block up to 80 percent of the solar energy passing through windows. This can cut down on the cost of running your air conditioning by reducing the amount of time your unit needs to operate in order to keep the home comfortable. In addition, it can help reduce maintenance costs by lowering the strain on your equipment.
- Increased Protection For Furnishings – Visible light lies on the spectrum between ultraviolet, which damages furniture, and infrared, which beams heat. Treated windows will block 99 percent of UVA and UVB rays, thus greatly slowing the deterioration and fading of drapes, carpet and furniture.
- Improved Decor – Today’s window films also can inexpensively make clear glass look etched, frosted or even integrate a design for a cost effective decorative effect.
- Added Privacy – Window films can be used strategically around entryway windows and bathroom windows to add privacy without closing a space in as might be the case with other window treatments.
It should be noted that window films are not a fix for a deteriorating window. If your windows are in bad shape, leaking or poorly insulated, adding film won’t fix that. Deteriorating windows should be replaced. However, if your windows are in good shape, don’t go through the cost of replacing them just to improve energy efficiency, consider adding window film.
If you would like to learn more about how home window films can help with your upcoming home improvement projects, click HERE. If you have any questions about this article or would like to schedule a free, no obligation quotation, contact us today by calling 563.690.0057 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.